Monday, December 13, 2004

Back to my life:

Lately I have been in a series of really good moods. Nothing really is going wrong, and although I am stressed, I have things to look forward too that make me think more about them and less about the stress. I went out with some friends, Kendra, Kyle and Rachel, on Saturday night to go see a movie, at the Angelika, honestly my first opinion about the movie was... crap, a chick flick, meh well I can sit here and stare aimlessly into space and maybe catch a few cool camera angles here and there... Wrong. Finding Neverland. Phenomenal movie. Everything about-it screams artsy, and yet, all in all the storyline, the way it was shot, the actors, everything fell into such a good order, it had my attention from start to finish... minus the occasional sip of Dr. Pepper, and nibbleage on the bag of popcorn we had. The movie was awesome though, I highly recommend it.

Also, I found something that really inspired me. written by a one William Cullen Bryant
Thanatopsis - William Cullen Bryant
[Final Stanza, I recommend you read the entire thing, but this portion speaks the most truth. All of the parts leading to this one talk about how death is going to sneak up on you.]

"So live, that when thy summons comes to join
The innumerable caravan, which moves
To that mysterious realm, where each shall take
His chamber in the silent halls of death,
Thou go not, like the quarry-slave at night,
Scourged to his dungeon, but, sustained and soothed
By an unfaltering trust, approach thy grave
Like one who wraps the drapery of his couch
About him, and lies down to pleasant dreams."


Random Thought of The Day:
I can't tell, I wish I could, it would make life soo much easier.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home